We’re accepting grant applications for local non-profits focusing on women in the workforce
Women in Motion is accepting applications for a new grant specifically offered to support non-profit initiatives that address the financial, health and educational needs of women in High Point, Archdale, Jamestown, Thomasville and Trinity.
Women in Motion promotes leadership, professional success, personal wellness and financial independence for women. Our goal is to combine charitable donations and provide significant grants focused on the needs of women in the workforce in High Point, Archdale, Jamestown, Thomasville and Trinity. By supporting philanthropic activity and leveraging community collaboration through Women in Motion, we envision a community where women:
- Have the knowledge, opportunity, and self-determination to be economically secure
- Have opportunity to pursue their dreams and achieve their full leadership potential
- Learn about and experience the value of philanthropy and nonprofit leadership
Who should apply for the Grant?
Community non-profit organizations that have programs pertaining to one or more of Women In Motion’s four identified areas of need for women in the workforce:
- Education: Women need additional education to help them negotiate and advocate for themselves and their families.
- Mentorship: Women need better systems for networking and encouraging growth in each other.
- Resources: Women, especially women small business owners, expressed a need to tap in to resources that already exist in the community in order to increase their professional and business success.
- Wellness: Women seek to balance personal wellness and professional success with professional and family demands.
WOMEN HAVE 3 MOUNTAINS TO CLIMB
Professional • Economic • Personal
Each with its own terrain and risks, we have to conquer them individually, and seemingly, simultaneously to reach the peak of our potential. Mountain climbers need training, tools, wellness, a plan, and a compass.