Women in Motion, an initiative of the High Point Community Foundation, is accepting applications for new grants specifically offered to support non-profit organizations and programs that address the financial, health and educational needs of women in High Point, Archdale, Jamestown, Thomasville, and Trinity.
Women in Motion welcomes pilot programs that target under-represented women in the community. Community organizations that have programs pertaining to one or more of Women In Motion’s four identified areas of need for women in the workforce should consider applying:
- Education: Women need additional education to help them negotiate and advocate for themselves and their families.
- Mentorship: Women need better systems for networking and encouraging growth in each other.
- Resources: Women, especially women small business owners, express a need to tap in to resources that already exist in the community in order to increase their professional and business success.
- Wellness: Women seek to balance personal wellness and professional success with professional and family demands.
The application deadline is December 2, 2019 and there is an informational meeting Wednesday, Oct 16, at the High Point Public Library from 3:00 to 4:00 pm. Here grant applicants can learn more and ask questions regarding the grants process.
New this year, all Women in Motion Grant Applications will be accepted online www.womeninmotionhp.org/grants! If you have completed an online grant application for the High Point Community Foundation in the previous years, you will use your same login. If you are new to the process you will be prompted to create a username & password that you will use during the entire process. If you need any assistance, please call the High Point Community Foundation at (336) 882-3298.
About Women in Motion—
Women in Motion promotes leadership, professional success, personal wellness and financial independence for women. Its goal is to combine charitable donations and provide significant grants focused on the needs of women in the workforce. The initiative’s target demographic area is High Point, Archdale, Trinity, Thomasville, and Jamestown. By supporting philanthropic activity and leveraging community collaboration, the goal of Women in Motion is a community where women:
- Have the knowledge, opportunity, and self-determination to be economically secure
- Have opportunity to pursue their dreams and achieve their full leadership potential
- Learn about and experience the value of philanthropy and nonprofit leadership
Women in Motion is a diverse group of women developing partnerships and programs that help women take the next step personally and professionally. The initiative supporters enjoy being part of an inclusive and vibrant group that is dedicated to improving the lives and opportunities of women in the High Point community, including Jamestown, Archdale, Trinity, and Thomasville. Women in Motion is an initiative of the High Point Community Foundation. If you are interested in supporting Women in Motion, you may donate at www.womeninmotionhp.org or contact Amanda Bennett at the Foundation at 336-882-3298.
About the High Point Community Foundation—
The High Point Community Foundation is a charitable organization dedicated to strengthening a diverse, healthy and productive community for both present and future generations. It promotes philanthropy, builds and maintains a permanent collection of endowment funds, and serves as a trustworthy partner and leader in responding to community needs. hpcommunityfoundation.org